Cameron not trusted over NHS
Just one in three voters believe David Cameron is a sincere supporter of the principles of the NHS, a devastating new poll reveals, as the row over the Government's health reforms shows no sign of abating.
Tomorrow, the Prime Minister will host a Downing Street summit on the Health and Social Care Bill, which critics say places too much emphasis on competition and is a distraction from the need to save £20bn by 2015. But some bodies critical of the Bill, such as the Royal College of General Practitioners, haven't been invited. Ed Miliband, the Labour leader, said: "You don't get progress on the NHS by shutting the door of No 10 on doctors, nurses and patients' groups."
In the ComRes/IoS poll, 27 per cent of people said private firms should have more involvement in the delivery of NHS services; 36 per cent said the NHS would be safer under Labour.
Life & Style blogs
Earth Day 2014: Google celebrates Earth Day with doodles of Rufous hummingbird, veiled chameleon, moon jellyfish, dung beetle, puffer fish and macaques
World's fastest lift climbs 95 floors in 43 seconds at speeds of up to 45mph
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Saint George's Day: Google Doodle marks England's national day
Mulberry: To hell in a handbag
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Women take on Bear Grylls over 'sexist' male-only desert island show
- 5 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
£3360 - £16800 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: Cover Supervisor requ...
£6720 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: Urgently Required. En...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad are looking ...
£6720 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: We are currently recr...