Doctors 'are breaking abortion law'
Friday 23 March 2012
Some doctors are breaking the law by “pre-signing” abortion consent forms, the Government said today. Spot-checks at more than 250 abortion clinics found evidence of blank forms being signed in anticipation of patients seeking a termination.
The law states that, except in emergencies, two doctors must agree for a woman to have an abortion. Although doctors do not have to see the woman in person, they must certify they are aware of her circumstances and why she wants to go ahead. It is thought that 15-20 per cent of clinics may be breaking the law.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 3 Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£30000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A global leader in trading platforms and e...
£28000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A fast growing consultancy to the financia...
£30000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Support Analyst - Liverpool Stre...
£65000 per annum: Harrington Starr: One of the world's largest privately owned...