Duck eggs linked to salmonella
Duck eggs are suspected of causing an outbreak of salmonella which has struck down dozens of people and may have killed a pensioner.
An investigation into 66 cases of a virulent strain of the stomach bug during the past nine months has found many of the victims had eaten duck eggs as well as evidence of contamination in duck farms. One elderly person with Salmonella typhimurium DT8 has died during the outbreak, which has peaked in recent weeks.
Life & Style blogs
Direct from the trenches: The objects that defined the First World War
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...