Duck eggs linked to salmonella
Duck eggs are suspected of causing an outbreak of salmonella which has struck down dozens of people and may have killed a pensioner.
An investigation into 66 cases of a virulent strain of the stomach bug during the past nine months has found many of the victims had eaten duck eggs as well as evidence of contamination in duck farms. One elderly person with Salmonella typhimurium DT8 has died during the outbreak, which has peaked in recent weeks.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
Running test reveals whether you will die in the next decade
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...