Duck eggs linked to salmonella
Duck eggs are suspected of causing an outbreak of salmonella which has struck down dozens of people and may have killed a pensioner.
An investigation into 66 cases of a virulent strain of the stomach bug during the past nine months has found many of the victims had eaten duck eggs as well as evidence of contamination in duck farms. One elderly person with Salmonella typhimurium DT8 has died during the outbreak, which has peaked in recent weeks.
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...