Government urged to tackle drink-related hospital cases
Monday 14 February 2011
Hospital admissions due to alcohol could rise more than a third by 2015, a report says.
Admissions for alcohol misuse are likely to hit 1.5 million a year unless the Government steps in to tackle the problem, according to research from Alcohol Concern. The number of admissions in England was 1.1 million in 2009-10, a 100 per cent rise since 2002-03. The report adds: "If the rise continues, by the end of this Parliament a staggering 1.5 million people will be admitted to hospital every year as a result of drink."
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...