Government urged to tackle drink-related hospital cases
Monday 14 February 2011
Hospital admissions due to alcohol could rise more than a third by 2015, a report says.
Admissions for alcohol misuse are likely to hit 1.5 million a year unless the Government steps in to tackle the problem, according to research from Alcohol Concern. The number of admissions in England was 1.1 million in 2009-10, a 100 per cent rise since 2002-03. The report adds: "If the rise continues, by the end of this Parliament a staggering 1.5 million people will be admitted to hospital every year as a result of drink."
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
Feminist artistic underwear gives a biology lesson in women’s internal anatomy
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: PA / Team Secretary - Mat...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Mechanical L...
£8 per day: Randstad Education Manchester: Nursery Nurse The Nursery Nurse wi...
£121 - £142 per day: Randstad Education Luton: primary teacher Hertfordshire