GPs' salaries 'are set to rise by 25%'
Doctors' pay will rise by more than 25 per cent to reach an average of £130,000 a year under NHS reforms, it was claimed last night.
GPs already earn an average of £105,700, but for commissioning services they would be expected to be paid between £48 and £115 per hour, depending where they work. The figures were reportedly revealed after a freedom of information request by the Labour Party.
Last year, 210 GPs earned more than £250,000. Critics said the new payments were "outrageous".
Video: It is the type of thing no parent wants to hear
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Competitive: Opilio Recruitment: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bu...
£35000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning internet, do...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunity for someone l...
£35k - 42k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We have an exciting oppo...