Hospital apologises for error that left girl paralysed
Thursday 01 September 2011
A teenager was left paralysed from the waist down when a spinal anaesthetic was left in too long after a routine operation, a hospital has admitted.
Sophie Tyler, 17, of Risca, near Newport, south Wales, will never walk again after an epidural was mistakenly left in place for more than two days. She was in Birmingham Children's Hospital for the removal of gallstones in May 2008 when she was 14 years old.
The hospital trust has now admitted liability and apologised for the "unimaginable distress caused".
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Chief Ebola doctor in Sierra Leone has contracted the deadly disease himself
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
£40000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: DBA, London,...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: SAP HCM/PAYROLL...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Excellent oppor...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: SAP GRC/SECURIT...