Locum GP who killed patient 'still a threat'
A locum doctor from Germany who killed a man on his first out-of-hours shift in England was found guilty of serious professional misconduct and told he still presented "a significant risk to patients".
Nigerian-born Daniel Ubani injected David Gray, 70, with 10 times the correct dose of morphine, the General Medical Council (GMC) heard. Mr Gray, who needed pain relief for his kidney stones, died within hours at home in Manea, Cambridgeshire.
Dr Ubani, 67, a specialist in cosmetic medicine, admitted causing Mr Gray's death after confusing the morphine with another drug. He was given a nine-month suspended sentence in Germany for death by negligence but still works a doctor in that country, the GMC panel heard. It ruled that Dr Ubani's fitness to practice was impaired because of his misconduct in treating Mr Gray and two other patients on the same shift. It said he had "failed to recognise and work within the limits of his own competence".
Dr Ubani, who could be struck off, is likely to learn his fate tomorrow.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...