Male coffee drinkers cut cancer risks
Wednesday 18 May 2011
Men who consume a lot of coffee cut their risks of lethal prostate cancer, a study has shown.
Drinking six or more cups a day was linked with a 20 per cent reduced risk of cancer. Men who drank most coffee were 60 per cent less likely to develop fatal cancer. One to three cups a day – cuts the risk by 30 per cent, says a study by The Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Scientists believe it may be due to antioxidants and plant chemicals in coffee that are known to have health benefits.
The study, involved almost 45,000 US men.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Sustainability Assessor...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Part-time A Level Chemist...
£12000 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Secondary Teaching ...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: The successful applicant w...