Measles alert over travel to France
Saturday 14 May 2011
Parents planning to take children to France on holiday should get them vaccinated against measles because France is in the grip of an epidemic, the Health Protection Agency says.
France has had 7,000 cases of measles so far this year, according to the HPA. In the UK, there have been 275 laboratory confirmed cases since the start of the year, compared with 33 in the same period last year.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...