Medics filmed 'offering female circumcision'
Monday 23 April 2012
Up to 100,000 women in Britain have been "circumcised", with medics across the country offering to carry out illegal genital mutilations on girls as young as 10, it was reported yesterday.
Investigators from The Sunday Times said they secretly filmed a doctor, a dentist and an alternative medicine practitioner who were allegedly ready to perform circumcisions or arrange for them to be done. The doctor and dentist denied wrongdoing.
The practice is punishable by a jail term of up to 14 years.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
- 3 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...