Medics filmed 'offering female circumcision'
Monday 23 April 2012
Up to 100,000 women in Britain have been "circumcised", with medics across the country offering to carry out illegal genital mutilations on girls as young as 10, it was reported yesterday.
Investigators from The Sunday Times said they secretly filmed a doctor, a dentist and an alternative medicine practitioner who were allegedly ready to perform circumcisions or arrange for them to be done. The doctor and dentist denied wrongdoing.
The practice is punishable by a jail term of up to 14 years.
Life & Style blogs
Direct from the trenches: The objects that defined the First World War
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...