NHS 'not safe with coalition,' poll reveals
Fewer than one NHS worker in 10 think the health service is "safe in the hands" of the coalition government, a new poll reveals.
Only around 5 per cent of NHS workers think the main impact of reforms has been to improve patient care, the YouGov survey for the campaign group 38 Degrees reveals, in a sign that the Government has lost the confidence of NHS staff. The poll was conducted to mark the 65th anniversary of the NHS last Friday.
More than two-thirds of NHS staff think the Government's reforms have had a negative impact on patient care. Some 83 per cent think reforms are motivated by increasing privatisation.
David Babbs, executive director at 38 Degrees, said: "The Government should halt the privatisation of the NHS, place the welfare of patients at the heart of its plans, and listen to the views of the public and NHS staff."
Theshadow Health Secretary, Andy Burnham, said: "The next Labour government will repeal Cameron's Health Act and put compassion over competition and people before profits."
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
How processed food makes you eat more
Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Charter Selection: This highly successful organisat...
£600 - £800 per day: Harrington Starr: Java/Calypso Developer Java, Calypso, ...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
Highly Competitive Package: Austen Lloyd: SOUTH COAST - MARINE / SHIPPING Th...