NHS 'not safe with coalition,' poll reveals
Fewer than one NHS worker in 10 think the health service is "safe in the hands" of the coalition government, a new poll reveals.
Only around 5 per cent of NHS workers think the main impact of reforms has been to improve patient care, the YouGov survey for the campaign group 38 Degrees reveals, in a sign that the Government has lost the confidence of NHS staff. The poll was conducted to mark the 65th anniversary of the NHS last Friday.
More than two-thirds of NHS staff think the Government's reforms have had a negative impact on patient care. Some 83 per cent think reforms are motivated by increasing privatisation.
David Babbs, executive director at 38 Degrees, said: "The Government should halt the privatisation of the NHS, place the welfare of patients at the heart of its plans, and listen to the views of the public and NHS staff."
Theshadow Health Secretary, Andy Burnham, said: "The next Labour government will repeal Cameron's Health Act and put compassion over competition and people before profits."
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Christian Louboutin launches £495 nail polish
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...