Salmonella kills wedding guest
Thursday 02 September 2010
A wedding guest has died of salmonella poisoning and eight others became ill.
Rene Kwartz, 82, was one of four guests taken to hospital after dining at a hotel in Prestwich, Manchester. Tests showed that nine people who attended the wedding celebration at the Hilton Suite last month were infected by the bug. Three of those taken to hospital recovered but Mrs Kwartz died last week.
Bury Council, Greater Manchester Health Protection Unit and NHS Bury are investigating.
Lawyers representing the guests are taking legal action against the outside caterers, who are said to be co-operating fully with the investigation.
Life & Style blogs
Biggest structure in the universe is huge hole, scientists find
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Female student 'burned up from the inside' and dies after taking eight DNP diet pills
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils its Doodle and Nessie Street View
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin file for divorce after 10 years of marriage
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bookies now say Ed Miliband is more likely to be prime minister than David Cameron
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
£18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company are looking for a highly or...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Trainee Recruitment Consultan...
£22000 - £25900 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Company is expanding and th...
£27000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Corporate Account Manager is ...