Salmonella kills wedding guest

Click to follow
Indy Lifestyle Online

A wedding guest has died of salmonella poisoning and eight others became ill.

Rene Kwartz, 82, was one of four guests taken to hospital after dining at a hotel in Prestwich, Manchester. Tests showed that nine people who attended the wedding celebration at the Hilton Suite last month were infected by the bug. Three of those taken to hospital recovered but Mrs Kwartz died last week.

Bury Council, Greater Manchester Health Protection Unit and NHS Bury are investigating.

Lawyers representing the guests are taking legal action against the outside caterers, who are said to be co-operating fully with the investigation.