Salmonella kills wedding guest
Thursday 02 September 2010
A wedding guest has died of salmonella poisoning and eight others became ill.
Rene Kwartz, 82, was one of four guests taken to hospital after dining at a hotel in Prestwich, Manchester. Tests showed that nine people who attended the wedding celebration at the Hilton Suite last month were infected by the bug. Three of those taken to hospital recovered but Mrs Kwartz died last week.
Bury Council, Greater Manchester Health Protection Unit and NHS Bury are investigating.
Lawyers representing the guests are taking legal action against the outside caterers, who are said to be co-operating fully with the investigation.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...