Salmonella kills wedding guest
Thursday 02 September 2010
A wedding guest has died of salmonella poisoning and eight others became ill.
Rene Kwartz, 82, was one of four guests taken to hospital after dining at a hotel in Prestwich, Manchester. Tests showed that nine people who attended the wedding celebration at the Hilton Suite last month were infected by the bug. Three of those taken to hospital recovered but Mrs Kwartz died last week.
Bury Council, Greater Manchester Health Protection Unit and NHS Bury are investigating.
Lawyers representing the guests are taking legal action against the outside caterers, who are said to be co-operating fully with the investigation.
Life & Style blogs
Nine out of ten male prostate cancer sufferers could be treated after 'game-changing' study
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: B2B Marketing Manager (Events, Digit...