WHO team studies Sars-like outbreak in Saudi Arabia
Wednesday 08 May 2013
World Health Organisation experts will visit a Saudi hospital where the Sars-like coronavirus has spread, killing seven people.
France reported its first case today, detected in a 65-year-old Frenchman who had recently returned from Dubai with the virus. It has also spread to Britain, Germany, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE. The French case brings the known cases worldwide to 31, of whom 18 have died.
Coronavirus is from the same viral family as the one that triggered the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome that swept the world from Asia in 2003, killing 775 people.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Ebola outbreak: 'Resilient and remarkable' British victim William Pooley administered experimental drug in UK
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End Deve...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...