WHO team studies Sars-like outbreak in Saudi Arabia
Wednesday 08 May 2013
World Health Organisation experts will visit a Saudi hospital where the Sars-like coronavirus has spread, killing seven people.
France reported its first case today, detected in a 65-year-old Frenchman who had recently returned from Dubai with the virus. It has also spread to Britain, Germany, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE. The French case brings the known cases worldwide to 31, of whom 18 have died.
Coronavirus is from the same viral family as the one that triggered the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome that swept the world from Asia in 2003, killing 775 people.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£28000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Gas Breakdown Engineer...
£25000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about Custom...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This homecare agency is based in Beckenh...
£25000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about Custom...