WHO team studies Sars-like outbreak in Saudi Arabia
Wednesday 08 May 2013
World Health Organisation experts will visit a Saudi hospital where the Sars-like coronavirus has spread, killing seven people.
France reported its first case today, detected in a 65-year-old Frenchman who had recently returned from Dubai with the virus. It has also spread to Britain, Germany, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE. The French case brings the known cases worldwide to 31, of whom 18 have died.
Coronavirus is from the same viral family as the one that triggered the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome that swept the world from Asia in 2003, killing 775 people.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
British Breakfast Awards 2015: London restaurant wins prize for inventive take on the Full English
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A PA is required to join a leading provider of...