Woman is 25th swine flu victim
Thursday 30 December 2010
At least 25 people are now known to have died from swine flu this winter, with a woman in her 70s being the latest confirmed victim of the outbreak. She died at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton on Monday and had an underlying respiratory condition.
Flu cases increased from 86 cases per 100,000 of the population to 124 cases last week, according to figures released yesterday by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP).
An RCGP spokesman said: "The increase was evident in allage groups except schoolchildren.
There has been a substantial increase in age groups 45 to 64."
A Department of Health spokesman urged vulnerable groups, which include pregnant women, to get vaccinated.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Maths teacher require...
£21500 - £31500 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Would you like to work...
£330 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Lond...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Maths Teacher required to teach Furthe...