Woman is 25th swine flu victim
Thursday 30 December 2010
At least 25 people are now known to have died from swine flu this winter, with a woman in her 70s being the latest confirmed victim of the outbreak. She died at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton on Monday and had an underlying respiratory condition.
Flu cases increased from 86 cases per 100,000 of the population to 124 cases last week, according to figures released yesterday by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP).
An RCGP spokesman said: "The increase was evident in allage groups except schoolchildren.
There has been a substantial increase in age groups 45 to 64."
A Department of Health spokesman urged vulnerable groups, which include pregnant women, to get vaccinated.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...