Woman is 25th swine flu victim
Thursday 30 December 2010
At least 25 people are now known to have died from swine flu this winter, with a woman in her 70s being the latest confirmed victim of the outbreak. She died at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton on Monday and had an underlying respiratory condition.
Flu cases increased from 86 cases per 100,000 of the population to 124 cases last week, according to figures released yesterday by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP).
An RCGP spokesman said: "The increase was evident in allage groups except schoolchildren.
There has been a substantial increase in age groups 45 to 64."
A Department of Health spokesman urged vulnerable groups, which include pregnant women, to get vaccinated.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...