Ironman’s nine secrets to living well
Tuesday 06 July 2010
Six-time Ironman triathlon champion Mark Allen and Huichol shaman and healer Brant Secunda are to keynote Inner IDEA, the fifth annual event devoted to mind, body and spirit wellness in Palm Springs, California September 23-26.
Allen and Secunda will share insights as well as demonstrate their integrative wellness approach detailed in their book Fit Soul, Fit Body: 9 Keys to a Healthier, Happier You ($16.47/€13.14).
Here are nine secrets from the book that Allen credits to making him a ‘competitive success':
1. Balance your responses to the six types of stress
2. Quiet the mind
3. Transform fear, anger and jealousy
4. Reconnect to the natural world
5. Honor yourself
6. Know and set the quest
7. Live what you ask for
8. Slow down to get faster
9. Invite your inner cave man to the table
Also Secunda and Allen have designed a simple 15-question survey to help you determine if you are fit with questions about weight, stress, exercise and spirituality. To take the fit quiz, go to: http://www.fitsoul-fitbody.com/The-Fit-Quiz.aspx
Inner IDEA, an international event devoted to integrative health and wellness for health and fitness professionals, will include 100+ interactive sessions on pilates, yoga, nia, gyrokinesis, integrated movement, meditation, nutrition and the wellness marketplace. Ticket pricing varies from $495-675 (€371-538), to register and learn more, go to: http://www.inneridea.com/conference/inner-idea-conference-2010
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End Deve...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...