Janet Jackson details weight issues in new self-help and diet book
Monday 14 February 2011
American pop star Janet Jackson's self-help and diet book
True You: A Journey to Finding
Loving Yourself hits bookstores in the US and UK on February 15, days after she launches her 35-city world tour in support of her 2009 best-of collection,
Writer David Ritz, who cowrote Marvin Gaye's tune "Sexual Healing," cowrote Jackson's book, in which she details her struggles with self-esteem and weight and the steps she took to overcome them.
In the book she details her life and how weight issues became a problem as early as the age of ten. When she was cast on the American TV sitcom Good Times, she was told to lose weight and bind her breasts, which were beginning to develop. "In both cases the message was devastating - my body was wrong," she writes in the book. "The message was also clear - to be successful, I had to change the way I looked." Jackson says on her website that she hopes the book will help others find their peace as well.
On March 29, American singer and songwriter Sheryl Crow's healthy anti-cancer cookbook, If It Makes You Healthy, is also releasing.
On February 8, Jackson launched her world tour in Singapore, followed by stops in Hong Kong, Taipei, and Manila. She plans to hit 35 cities in a tour dubbed "Number Ones: Up Close and Personal," supporting Number Ones, a double-album featuring her 35 number-one US hits. Outside of the US, Number Ones is entitled Janet Jackson: The Number Ones, and the album marks Jackson's second hits album, following 1995's Design of a Decade 1986/1996. A five-time Grammy Award winner, Jackson has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...