Rejection makes your heart skip a beat
Friday 01 October 2010
Rejection has a physiological response according to a new study published in the September print edition of the journal
Researchers at the University of Amsterdam and Leiden University in the Netherlands set out to understand the psychophysiological response of hurt feelings.
During the study, when participants awaited judgment and learned they were not liked, the beat of their heart dropped and was slow to return to a normal beat.
Hurt feelings seem to go deeper than previously expected.
Here are some tips to from eHow to help you cope with personal rejection: http://www.ehow.com/how_4808728_cope-with-rejection.html and professional rejection advice from the blog ChickSpeak: http://chickspeak.com/blog/2009/12/28/how-to-deal-with-rejection-from-a-job/
Full study, "The Heartbrake of Social Rejection: Heart Rate Deceleration in Response to Unexpected Peer Rejection": http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20696852
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
Xbox Live down: gaming service breaks itself, but hackers claim credit
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - HIGHEST QUALITY INTERNATIONAL FIRM - A...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - EXCELLENT FIRM - We have an outstandin...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: IN-HOUSE - NATIONAL CHARITY - An exciting and...