* It is through the baby's bond with its mother that the power of body odour is established, scientists believe.
* When we are attracted to someone we unconsciously register their odour, because it triggers ancient memories of being cuddled in the first few minutes of life.
* The sexually compatible enjoy one another's odour – that is one meaning of the sexual chemistry between them.
* For women, body odour is important in mate selection because it is a way of avoiding in-breeding.
* For men, spraying themselves with aftershave could be a mistake: studies show this can inhibit female arousal.
* Women often say that the most important sex organ is the brain, but the nose may run a close second.Reuse content