Letter: EU policy on Iraq
Tuesday 03 February 1998
Given that the previous Gulf War alliance no longer pertains and in order to oblige Saddam Hussein to permit the UN inspectors to carry out their mandate, the British government could usefully broker a united European diplomatic and, if needs be, military position.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A smart software company locate...
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Busy, friendly and creative marketing ag...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Analyst - Wes...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...