Letters in brief
Sunday 28 December 1997
l ON 21 December you described me, in an article about the rich and the Labour Party ("Red carpet for the rich"), as a "new fan". As a point of accuracy you should note that I was a Labour supporter long before I became rich and have remained a Labour supporter ever since.
l AN INTERESTING piece, but every dead schoolmaster in the land will rise up and haunt Jenny Uglow ("A matter of belief", Section 2, 21 December) if she asks "What troublest thou?" gibbering and shrieking, as I did, "Oh thou fool, 'tis 'What troubleth thee'!".
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of English MP...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Out of Hours Club Mana...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Room Leaders required ...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of MFL German...