Lodge a complaint : LETTER
Saturday 11 February 1995
David Lodge is a giant of late-20th century fiction. His books are absolute delights, read for their intellectual witticisms, anguished characters, cracking good plots and achingly funny comic sequences. In contrast, Malcolm Bradbury's novels (to which David Lodge's were unfavourably compared) are dull and dated.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor Chris Leslie
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
- 1 Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
- 2 Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
- 3 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 4 'Gene drive': Scientists sound alarm over supercharged GM organisms which could spread in the wild and cause environmental disasters
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role incorporates a mix of ...
competitive + incentives + uncapped comms: SThree: Did you know? 98% of our di...
competitive: SThree: Did you know? 98% of our directors started with SThree as...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sa...