Motoring: Bargain Hunter
Car Of The Week
Saturday 12 September 1998
SUPERCARS AND speculation were inseparable in the late '80s, early '90s. Ferrari's F40 and the Porsche 959, both changed hands for hundreds of thousands more than their already six-figure asking prices.
The bubble burst with the pounds 403,000 Jaguar XJ220. It was a large, unmissable and incredibly quick car reaching 60mph in just 4 seconds and with a top speed of over 200mph. Maybe that is why someone in Japan slid off on a corner and thumped a tree stump. Since then it has been transported to Cleave Motor Salvage in Gloucester. Although it needs pounds 20,000 of remedial work the asking price is still an incredibly reasonable pounds 60,000. Bargain of the decade. Contact Cleave Motor Salvage 01452 501404.
Life & Style blogs
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...