Motoring: Bargain Hunter
Car Of The Week
Saturday 12 September 1998
SUPERCARS AND speculation were inseparable in the late '80s, early '90s. Ferrari's F40 and the Porsche 959, both changed hands for hundreds of thousands more than their already six-figure asking prices.
The bubble burst with the pounds 403,000 Jaguar XJ220. It was a large, unmissable and incredibly quick car reaching 60mph in just 4 seconds and with a top speed of over 200mph. Maybe that is why someone in Japan slid off on a corner and thumped a tree stump. Since then it has been transported to Cleave Motor Salvage in Gloucester. Although it needs pounds 20,000 of remedial work the asking price is still an incredibly reasonable pounds 60,000. Bargain of the decade. Contact Cleave Motor Salvage 01452 501404.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £35000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 b...
£130 - £131 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Ks1 teacher required for m...
£38000 - £45000 Per Annum + excellent benefits package: Clearwater People Solu...
£28000 - £32500 Per Annum + 28 days holiday, pension, discounts and more: Clea...