Motoring: Bargain Hunter
Car Of The Week
Saturday 12 September 1998
SUPERCARS AND speculation were inseparable in the late '80s, early '90s. Ferrari's F40 and the Porsche 959, both changed hands for hundreds of thousands more than their already six-figure asking prices.
The bubble burst with the pounds 403,000 Jaguar XJ220. It was a large, unmissable and incredibly quick car reaching 60mph in just 4 seconds and with a top speed of over 200mph. Maybe that is why someone in Japan slid off on a corner and thumped a tree stump. Since then it has been transported to Cleave Motor Salvage in Gloucester. Although it needs pounds 20,000 of remedial work the asking price is still an incredibly reasonable pounds 60,000. Bargain of the decade. Contact Cleave Motor Salvage 01452 501404.
Life & Style blogs
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...