China and Japan lead Asian car sales rises
Monday 02 August 2010
Car sales in China jumped by 15.4 percent in July, according to figures released August 2.
New government subsidies helped the industry post a healthy year-on-year gain, selling a total of 822,300 vehicles to the world's largest car market.
The figures are a rise on June's growth of 10.9 percent, although China's Automotive Technology & Research Center warned that rising inventories could lead to weaker growth in August, reported Bloomberg.
In Japan, sales grew for the 12th straight calendar month, said the Japan Automobile Dealers Association.
In July 2010, 15 percent more cars were sold than in July 2009, a total of 333,403 vehicle which was led by Toyota and Honda.
South Korean automakers Daewoo and Kia both reported a strong month, although Hyundai sales, up 11.8 percent, were the weakest figure since February.
In India, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hyundai and Honda all reported sales rises, with Maruti Suzuki reporting record sales of 90,114 units, a 33 percent gain and the highest ever monthly figure.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...