Ford recalls 280,000 US trucks on door handle defect
Thursday 03 February 2011
Ford has recalled more than 280,000 F-150 trucks in the United States due to a defect with its door handles, safety regulators said Thursday.
The automaker reported the problem after discovering that the interior door handle can fracture during normal use "resulting in insufficient spring force to return the handle to the fully stowed position," the National Highway Transportation Safety Board said in a statement.
"In the event of a side impact crash, the door handle spring can fail, causing the door latch to open."
Ford said there were no reports of accidents or injuries related to the defect.
The recall affects 2009 and 2010 model years of Ford's top-selling truck. Ford will begin repairing the defect at no cost on February 14.
Life & Style blogs
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...