Ford recalls 280,000 US trucks on door handle defect
Thursday 03 February 2011
Ford has recalled more than 280,000 F-150 trucks in the United States due to a defect with its door handles, safety regulators said Thursday.
The automaker reported the problem after discovering that the interior door handle can fracture during normal use "resulting in insufficient spring force to return the handle to the fully stowed position," the National Highway Transportation Safety Board said in a statement.
"In the event of a side impact crash, the door handle spring can fail, causing the door latch to open."
Ford said there were no reports of accidents or injuries related to the defect.
The recall affects 2009 and 2010 model years of Ford's top-selling truck. Ford will begin repairing the defect at no cost on February 14.
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Life & Style blogs
The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
PS4 beats Xbox One to become UK’s fastest ever selling console
UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
Tippy the Fainting Squirrel becomes YouTube star as video of cute collapsing rodent goes viral
- 1 John Williams' Stoner wins Waterstones Book of the Year
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do
£38000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Creative Audit Se...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, P...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C#.NET VB6 Developer (GUI, ASP.NET, SQL) London ...