Dacia set to show new Sandero at Paris
Wednesday 19 September 2012
Renault's Romanian budget brand, Dacia, will unveil a new second-generation version of its small Sandero hatchback at next week's Paris Motor Show, just four years after the original car hit the market.
The last Sandero never made it to the UK but this one will be available with right-hand drive and arrives here in January next year alongside the larger Duster SUV. Renault will announce prices and specifications for the new car closer to the UK launch date but the company is promising that these will live up to Dacia's “shockingly affordable” slogan.
Dacia will also show the latest version of the small Logan saloon at Paris. Although that model won't be coming to the UK, it will be vital to Dacia's future; the original Logan, launched eight years ago, was the car that heralded a successful new start for the Romanian manufacturer as Renault's low-price brand.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£29000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst- (Customer Suppor...
£14500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A PPC Executive/Manager is requ...
£55000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Service Delivery Manager - Retail / FMCG / WM...