Hyundai unveils i30 estate in advance of Geneva show
Hyundai has unveiled the first pictures of the estate version of its new second-generation i30, which will be seen in public for the first time at next month’s Geneva Motor Show.
Engine choices and running gear are carried over from the five-door hatchback, but in the interests of maximising load-space, the estate’s body is about six inches longer. The new car is also slightly longer than the first-generation i30 estate. With all seating in place, there are 528 litres of load-space compared with 378 for the hatchback. With the rear seats folded down, the amount of carrying space increases to 1642 litres.
The i30 estate was developed at Hyundai’s European R&D centre at Rüsselsheim near Frankfurt (also the home to General Motors’ German offshoot, Opel ) with European conditions in mind.
UK prices and specifications will be released later on but first-generation i30 estates typically carried a price premium of £1,000 over hatchbacks of equivalent specification. All models will benefit from Hyundai’s Five Year Triple Care Warranty, generally considered to be one of the most generous in the industry.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...
£21000 - £32000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: September start - Pr...