Japanese cars top reliability poll
Japanese cars are the most reliable, according to a survey.
Honda, Toyota and Lexus cars took the first three places in a reliability table compiled by the Warranty Direct company and What Car?
Based on cars between three and 10 years old, the survey showed that Hondas have only a 10% chance of breaking down in any given 12-month period.
The rate for Toyota was 17% and for Lexus 18%, with Japanese models dominating the top 10 in the reliability table.
In contrast, Land Rover was 36th and last in the table for reliability, with a breakdown rate of 71%.
Luxury cars such as Jaguar (43% breakdown rate) and Mercedes-Benz (45%) were towards the bottom of the table.
Just one non-Far East manufacturer - Chrysler - made it into the top 10.
What Car editor in chief Chas Hallett said: "Reliability is so important to motorists, especially when times are tough. Japanese car makers really do deliver on reliability and Honda is exceptionally good at this.
"What will be surprising to many is the fact that several of the more desirable brands did not fare so well regarding reliability, and the cost of their repairs are high. They need to do better."
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...