Used cars from Asia 'most reliable'
Thursday 28 July 2011
The most reliable second-hand cars are those made in Japan and Korea, according to a new survey.
Although European cars are more prone to faults, the cost of repairing them is cheaper, the survey by What Car? magazine and Warranty Direct found.
Honda topped the most reliable used-car table, based on the number of faults occurring in cars between three and eight years of age. According to the survey, there was only a 9 per cent chance of a Honda having a fault in 12 months.
In contrast, there was a 55 per cent chance of a fault in a Land Rover, which was at the bottom of the table. At the foot of the table were Saab, (in 32nd place), Renault (33rd) and Alfa Romeo (34th). But Renault was one of the cheapest cars to repair.
Life & Style blogs
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...