Revealed - the world's most expensive cars
Tuesday 02 February 2010
US financial magazine
Forbes published February 1 its annual list of the world's most expensive cars, proving that exclusivity really does equal value.
The Koenigsegg Trevita took number one spot, clocking in at an eye-watering $2.21 million. Only three of these exclusive models will be made by Sweden-based Koenigsegg, hence the name; "Trevita" means "three Whites" in Swedish. The Trevita is a white, diamond-coated version of the Koenigsegg CCXR, meaning that for the first time, the world's most expensive car runs on biofuel. The regular CCXR appeared in seventh place on the list, with the CCX appearing eighth - an impressive three top-ten spots for Koenigsegg.
Millionaires' favorite the Bugatti Veyron came in second place with its Grand Sport model. Production of the softtop began in spring 2009 and with a top speed of 406 km/h, it is the second fastest car in the world. Number ten on the list, the SSC Ultimate Aero, pipped it to the post as world's fastest in 2007 at 414.31 km/h (257.44mph). Both cars had limited production runs - only 150 Grand Sports were made, and 25 SSC Ultimate Aeros.
Forbes reviewed prices from all of the top end manufacturers and included only street-legal models that are currently in production.
The World's Most Expensive Cars
Data from Forbes
1. Koenigsegg Trevita - $2.21 million (€1.58m)
2. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport - $2 million (€1.43m)
3. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - $1.8 million (€1.29m)
4. Lamborghini Reventón Roadster - $1.56 million (€1.12m)
5. Lamborghini Reventón - $1.42 million (€1.02m)
6. Maybach Landaulet - $1.4 million (€1.00m)
7. Koenigsegg CCXR - $1.3 million (€932,768)
8. Koenigsegg CCX - $1.1 million (€789,265)
9. Leblanc Mirabeau - $765,000 (€548,898)
10. SSC Ultimate Aero - $740,000 (€530,960)
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...