Mystery beats stalks Chiswick
It is a frequent visitor to the garden of the of Verona Convent, Chiswick Lane, where it digs large holes. Sister Barbara said yesterday she had seen it several times 'in the early morning dirtying the place. I don't know why it digs the holes, but it is a nuisance.
Sightings have been occurring at the rate of two a week for the past month according to the Brentford Chiswick and Isleworth Times, which has set up a telephone hotline for reported appearances.
Callers have seen the beast tearing open sacks of rubbish, but one early morning commuter found his route to work littered with the remains of disemboweled pigeons.
Sceptics say the beast is a fox, but believers say it is too large, nearer a metre in length, and with a lion's colouring.
London Zoo said yesterday that none of its animals was missing.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...