News of the weird
Monday 26 January 1998
Basketball: A judge in Tucson, Arizona, has dismissed as "frivolous" a charge brought by a reporter for an evangelical television channel against a basketball star. When Elizabeth Anderson came to interview Charles Barkley in the men's locker room, he removed his towel - which was all he was wearing - and got dressed while talking to her. She claimed sexual harassment and said he had exposed her to "evil sexual perversion". The Deputy County Attorney said: "She entered the men's locker room voluntarily and knew it was a place where men would be undressing."
Life & Style blogs
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...