Easy mistake to make: One customer died and another 25 were in hospital after eating loaves bought at a bakery in Gaziantep, Turkey. The baker had apparently mistaken a container of rat poison for yeast.
Rich food: When a policeman from Negombo district in Sri Lanka was accosted by officials of the Bribery Commissioners' Department, he attempted to evade arrest by eating banknotes worth 3,000 rupees (about pounds 30). The sum is reported to have been a bribe paid in connection with a bigamy case. The officials, however, acted quickly and forced the man to spit out pieces of the notes before he was able to swallow them all.