Sunday 28 November 1999
1. How did Ron Johnson save a complete stranger's life?
2. Which "mentally unbalanced" military commander was held up as an ideal office manager?
3.Which piece of religious furniture is now available in a luxury model costing pounds 4,000?
4. How did the Tories claim the size of Michael Ashcroft's donation to the party was discovered?
5. Who are to star as Randall and Hopkirk in the remake of the TV detective series?
6. What has been proved, contrary to traditional thinking, to improve sports performance if taken shortly before an event?
7. How did Denzil Xavier leave Lisa Lovebucket standing?
8. What was commemorated in an exhibition featuring a man-fish hybrid and a "speak-your-tits" machine?
9. Which nation is at the top of an EU league table of illicit drug consumption?
10. What was wrong with the News of the World's report that Liverpool FC were trying to sign Didier Baptiste from AS Monaco for pounds 3.5m?
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK
PICTURE QUESTION: General Pinochet in his autobiography. 1. By donating part of his lung to Israeli Lisa Ostrovsky after reading of her plight in a newspaper. 2. General Patton, in Alan Axelrod's book, Patton on Leadership - described as unbalanced by his boss Eisenhower. 3. A confessional box upholstered black leather seats and air conditioning. 4. Party officials claimed its bank's computer was hacked into. 5. Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer. 6. Sex. 7. When Michael Portillo won the Kensington and Chelsea by-election against the opposition of the People's Dream Net Party. 8. The 20th anniversary of Viz comic. 9. Britain. 10. The player exists only in the imaginations of the TV series Dream Team's scriptwriters.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Group have been well ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...