Sunday 28 November 1999
1. How did Ron Johnson save a complete stranger's life?
2. Which "mentally unbalanced" military commander was held up as an ideal office manager?
3.Which piece of religious furniture is now available in a luxury model costing pounds 4,000?
4. How did the Tories claim the size of Michael Ashcroft's donation to the party was discovered?
5. Who are to star as Randall and Hopkirk in the remake of the TV detective series?
6. What has been proved, contrary to traditional thinking, to improve sports performance if taken shortly before an event?
7. How did Denzil Xavier leave Lisa Lovebucket standing?
8. What was commemorated in an exhibition featuring a man-fish hybrid and a "speak-your-tits" machine?
9. Which nation is at the top of an EU league table of illicit drug consumption?
10. What was wrong with the News of the World's report that Liverpool FC were trying to sign Didier Baptiste from AS Monaco for pounds 3.5m?
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK
PICTURE QUESTION: General Pinochet in his autobiography. 1. By donating part of his lung to Israeli Lisa Ostrovsky after reading of her plight in a newspaper. 2. General Patton, in Alan Axelrod's book, Patton on Leadership - described as unbalanced by his boss Eisenhower. 3. A confessional box upholstered black leather seats and air conditioning. 4. Party officials claimed its bank's computer was hacked into. 5. Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer. 6. Sex. 7. When Michael Portillo won the Kensington and Chelsea by-election against the opposition of the People's Dream Net Party. 8. The 20th anniversary of Viz comic. 9. Britain. 10. The player exists only in the imaginations of the TV series Dream Team's scriptwriters.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 MH370: 'Putin ordered plane to be flown to Kazakhstan space port,' conspiracy theory claims
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...