Sunday 28 November 1999
1. How did Ron Johnson save a complete stranger's life?
2. Which "mentally unbalanced" military commander was held up as an ideal office manager?
3.Which piece of religious furniture is now available in a luxury model costing pounds 4,000?
4. How did the Tories claim the size of Michael Ashcroft's donation to the party was discovered?
5. Who are to star as Randall and Hopkirk in the remake of the TV detective series?
6. What has been proved, contrary to traditional thinking, to improve sports performance if taken shortly before an event?
7. How did Denzil Xavier leave Lisa Lovebucket standing?
8. What was commemorated in an exhibition featuring a man-fish hybrid and a "speak-your-tits" machine?
9. Which nation is at the top of an EU league table of illicit drug consumption?
10. What was wrong with the News of the World's report that Liverpool FC were trying to sign Didier Baptiste from AS Monaco for pounds 3.5m?
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK
PICTURE QUESTION: General Pinochet in his autobiography. 1. By donating part of his lung to Israeli Lisa Ostrovsky after reading of her plight in a newspaper. 2. General Patton, in Alan Axelrod's book, Patton on Leadership - described as unbalanced by his boss Eisenhower. 3. A confessional box upholstered black leather seats and air conditioning. 4. Party officials claimed its bank's computer was hacked into. 5. Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer. 6. Sex. 7. When Michael Portillo won the Kensington and Chelsea by-election against the opposition of the People's Dream Net Party. 8. The 20th anniversary of Viz comic. 9. Britain. 10. The player exists only in the imaginations of the TV series Dream Team's scriptwriters.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
International Space Station could be fitted with huge lasers to shoot down space junk
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Doodle and Nessie Street View
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This award winning conference venues provider...
£12000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An expanding Insurance Brokerag...
£24000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Lancashire based engineeri...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...