Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 24 January 1999
1.Which world record has Geoff Smith broken over the last five months without even having to stand up?
2. What are the Beekeeper, the Berry Picker and the Fairy at the bottom of the Garden, and who created them?
3. According to a poll, what was the most over-used buzz phrase of 1998?
4. Nasa launched the Argos satellite to monitor what form of pollution?
5. For whom were malaria pills, tranquillisers and pot a lethal combination?
6. Who is writing verses for the rock band U2?
7. Why might saying cheese improve your smile?
8. How much does Ron Perelman (worth an estimated pounds 3.75bn) spend per day on feeding his four-year-old daughter?
9. Whom did Italian historians brand a war criminal?
10. How was burglar John Parsons finally trapped?
Answers at foot of page
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
Running test reveals whether you will die in the next decade
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 Pornhub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£38000 - £48000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This B2B content marketing agen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: An outstanding new...