Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 24 January 1999
1.Which world record has Geoff Smith broken over the last five months without even having to stand up?
2. What are the Beekeeper, the Berry Picker and the Fairy at the bottom of the Garden, and who created them?
3. According to a poll, what was the most over-used buzz phrase of 1998?
4. Nasa launched the Argos satellite to monitor what form of pollution?
5. For whom were malaria pills, tranquillisers and pot a lethal combination?
6. Who is writing verses for the rock band U2?
7. Why might saying cheese improve your smile?
8. How much does Ron Perelman (worth an estimated pounds 3.75bn) spend per day on feeding his four-year-old daughter?
9. Whom did Italian historians brand a war criminal?
10. How was burglar John Parsons finally trapped?
Answers at foot of page
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£33000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly successfu...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly ...