Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 24 January 1999
1.Which world record has Geoff Smith broken over the last five months without even having to stand up?
2. What are the Beekeeper, the Berry Picker and the Fairy at the bottom of the Garden, and who created them?
3. According to a poll, what was the most over-used buzz phrase of 1998?
4. Nasa launched the Argos satellite to monitor what form of pollution?
5. For whom were malaria pills, tranquillisers and pot a lethal combination?
6. Who is writing verses for the rock band U2?
7. Why might saying cheese improve your smile?
8. How much does Ron Perelman (worth an estimated pounds 3.75bn) spend per day on feeding his four-year-old daughter?
9. Whom did Italian historians brand a war criminal?
10. How was burglar John Parsons finally trapped?
Answers at foot of page
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at Sting, Triple H and Daniel Bryan in next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
First day of Autumn: Google Doodle celebrates 2014 Autumn equinox
What are your fingerprint words?
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
£16500 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...
£100 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Crawley: KS2 PPA Teacher currently nee...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, healthcare,25 days: Ashdown Group: An est...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...