Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 24 January 1999
1.Which world record has Geoff Smith broken over the last five months without even having to stand up?
2. What are the Beekeeper, the Berry Picker and the Fairy at the bottom of the Garden, and who created them?
3. According to a poll, what was the most over-used buzz phrase of 1998?
4. Nasa launched the Argos satellite to monitor what form of pollution?
5. For whom were malaria pills, tranquillisers and pot a lethal combination?
6. Who is writing verses for the rock band U2?
7. Why might saying cheese improve your smile?
8. How much does Ron Perelman (worth an estimated pounds 3.75bn) spend per day on feeding his four-year-old daughter?
9. Whom did Italian historians brand a war criminal?
10. How was burglar John Parsons finally trapped?
Answers at foot of page
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Big knickers are back: Thongs ain't what they used to be
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Windows 10: apps and features killed off as Microsoft reveals limits of new operating system
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 How much sex should I be having?
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you inspired to bring new a...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company are a world leadin...