Saturday 06 February 1999
A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Brut NV champagne, a 125g tin of fresh, chilled Iranian Sevruga caviar, and a mother of pearl spoon will be delivered to your door for pounds 55 (plus pounds 4.50 for delivery). A saving of pounds 35 on the usual price. All you need to do is call 07000 228 427, and allow 48 hours for delivery.
William George White set up his company in 1895 to bring the very best caviar to the UK. Little has changed over the years - caviar is still packed in tins at sea and then transported here in wooden crates, chilled but never frozen.
Caviar is traditionally accompanied by ice-cold vodka or chilled champagne, and Laurent-Perrier's light, dry style goes with it particularly well. Caviar should always be scooped from the tin vertically from top to bottom to avoid crushing the eggs, hence the spoon provided. You can eat it off the back of your hand at the junction of the thumb and forefinger, but that's just one suggestion. No doubt you'll think of many more.
Life & Style blogs
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£30000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior DBA (SQ...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Business Anal...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Global leading Energy Tra...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: CXL, Triple Po...