Smartphones used for food shopping by 43 percent of US owners
Nearly half of American smartphone owners have used their device to assist in some part of the food shopping process and one third use their mobile devices in the supermarket according to a study released July 19 by Deloitte.
The report released July 19 by Deloitte, titled 2011 Consumer Food and Product Insights Survey Part Two, polled a "nationally representative" sample of 2,000 American consumers and has an error margin of +/- five percentage points.
The survey found that the proliferation of smartphones has led to the devices being used in all aspects of food shopping. Of all smartphone users, 34 percent used the device in store to research food product information, and 43 percent used their smartphone to manage a food shopping list while not in a store.
Smartphone ownership in the United States is now estimated to be around 35 percent according to a Pew Research Center study released on July 11; according to market insights company Evolution this is a similar figure to the UK where smartphone ownership is estimated to be around 33 percent.
The similar figures of smartphone ownership in the UK also reflect a similar trend in grocery shopping; according to the Evolution survey, conducted throughout 2010, almost a third of UK smartphone owners used the device to research information about grocery products while shopping.
Deloitte - http://www.deloitte.com
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...