The muscle man cometh, again
Sunday 15 March 1998
His films inhabit a surreal, opulent, mythological universe of satyrs, faeries, parliamentary sheep and roving body parts, and his latest, Cremaster 5, is no exception. Featuring erstwhile Bond girl Ursula Andress as the opera-singing, Jacobean-style Queen of Chain, the film takes place in Budapest - in the proscenium arch of the city's Opera House and at the bottom of the Danube, where water nymphs are attaching pigeons to the crotch of the Giant (played by Barney himself, above, swathed in layers of latex). And that's not something you see every day. ('Cremaster 5': Metro, W1, 0171 734 1506, Fri to 26 Mar. Matthew Barney will also be giving a talk on Sat).
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at glorious next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Autumn equinox: Google Doodle celebrates first day of autumn 2014
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Humanities teacher required for ...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: ENGLISH TEACHER REQUIRED - Humbe...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: We are looking for a Qualified C...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education are currently...