This week's top Foursquare brands: MTV, Bon Appetit and Gossip Girl
Friday 24 December 2010
TV shows took the top three spots in this week's Foursquare brand rankings, retailer 'Bastard Jeans' and magazine 'Bon Appetit' were also popular brands.
Location based check in service Foursquare links with users Facebook and twitter accounts allowing Foursquare users to see where their friends are and what they are doing, users can also 'check into' areas to inform friends of their location and add new locations to Foursquare.
The sharing of 'inside information' by both brands and friends is one of the key features of Foursquare, as many brands offer special discounts to users that 'check in to' them or mention them frequently.
As of Thursday, December 23, the ten biggest Foursquare brands in terms of "friends" according to fanpagelist.com* were:
1. MTV (TV Show) 103,401 friends
2. Bravo (TV Show) 103,298 friends
3. History (TV Show) 93,464 friends
4. Zagart Survey (media) 92,778 friends
5. VH1 (media) 70,724 friends
6. Bon Appétit Magazine (media) 61,792 friends
7. Bastard Jeans (retail) 61,432 friends
8. TLC (TV show) 57,609 friends
9. Wall Street Journal (news/business) 54,335 friends
10. Gossip Girl (TV Show) 53,777 friends
* Fanpagelist.com provides daily rankings of brand's Facebook, twitter and Foursquare fans, friends and followers.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 Amber Roof: Sister of Charleston shooting suspect Dylann Roof launches fund-raising appeal for wedding and honeymoon
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 BP hit with record $18.7 billion fine over Deepwater Horizon Gulf oil spill
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity is available to ...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This world leading specialist i...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This role's responsibility also include operat...
£27000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Their revenue and profit have g...