This week's top Foursquare brands: MTV, Bon Appetit and Gossip Girl
Friday 24 December 2010
TV shows took the top three spots in this week's Foursquare brand rankings, retailer 'Bastard Jeans' and magazine 'Bon Appetit' were also popular brands.
Location based check in service Foursquare links with users Facebook and twitter accounts allowing Foursquare users to see where their friends are and what they are doing, users can also 'check into' areas to inform friends of their location and add new locations to Foursquare.
The sharing of 'inside information' by both brands and friends is one of the key features of Foursquare, as many brands offer special discounts to users that 'check in to' them or mention them frequently.
As of Thursday, December 23, the ten biggest Foursquare brands in terms of "friends" according to fanpagelist.com* were:
1. MTV (TV Show) 103,401 friends
2. Bravo (TV Show) 103,298 friends
3. History (TV Show) 93,464 friends
4. Zagart Survey (media) 92,778 friends
5. VH1 (media) 70,724 friends
6. Bon Appétit Magazine (media) 61,792 friends
7. Bastard Jeans (retail) 61,432 friends
8. TLC (TV show) 57,609 friends
9. Wall Street Journal (news/business) 54,335 friends
10. Gossip Girl (TV Show) 53,777 friends
* Fanpagelist.com provides daily rankings of brand's Facebook, twitter and Foursquare fans, friends and followers.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...