Where shall we meet?: The Holly Bush, Hampstead
Wednesday 17 August 1994
encounter this pub tucked in a
corner of one of Hampstead's dinkier roads. This aged drinker, where rumour has it that carousing Royalists once hatched a plot to overthrow Cromwell, has a carefully cultivated air in its front rooms of having been left untouched since the days of sawdust. As the back rooms are a bit more brewery decor, they are a safe-ish venue for an illicit snog uninterrupted by more purist acquaintances. Sells a variety of mainstream beers and pub food of the more traditional type. It's a good contrast to the Everyman cinema just down the hill.
The Holly Bush, 22 Holly Mount, Hampstead NW3 (081-653 1258).
Life & Style blogs
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...