Appropriately one of the British Virgin Islands, Necker is the favourite hideaway of the rich and famous, and from the moment you set foot on its pure white sandy beaches you can see why. It really does give new life to the well-worn travel-writer's phrase "paradise".
After a day spent diving in crystal clear waters, lazing on empty, unspoiled beaches, eating gourmet food washed down with fine wines and gazing in wonder at the star-encrusted night sky, it's time for bed.
So you slide between the covers with the ghosts of Demi Moore, Geena Davis, Princess Diana, Eddie Murphy and Kevin Costner. And one lucky Independent reader and their partner will enjoy this ultimate pleasure for a full week, courtesy of Virgin Direct, providers of the best value PEP available.
Necker has been developed with huge care for the local eco-system . There are no poisonous creatures, the sea teems with marlin, the reefs are ideal for snorkelling and the guest house is . . . very comfortable indeed.
The huge open-plan living room, bathed in sunlight through numerous skylights, contains living trees and plants. The nine double bedrooms have balconies which offer sea, sky and island views of unparalleled splendour. A huge terrace surrounds the house, and everywhere there is colour, fragrance and every conceivable comfort.
All meals are of the highest quality and watersports and games of every kind are available.
In order to enter our competition you must collect FIVE differently numbered tokens which will be published in The Independent this week. Each token has a space for the answer to a simple question that appears each day. Today we publish Token 3 and Token 4 will appear tomorrow.
The holiday comes courtesy of Virgin Direct, who offer the best value PEP in the market. They have no entry fee, hidden charges or bid/offer spread, so it gives you the opportunity to maximise the tax breaks that PEPs are designed to offer.
What's more, if you invest the full £6,000 in a lump sum, Virgin Direct will automatically give you two £30 gift tokens which can be redeemed against the cost of Virgin Atlantic flights and holidays. Further gift tokens equivalent to at least the amount of annual charges will also be given, provided the investment is held for a full year.
To find out more about the Virgin Direct PEP call (0345) 959595 at local rates. Lines are open from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week, 364 days a year. Your call will be taken by a friendly telephone operator who will send you a clear, straightforward information pack for their PEP. Under the company's `no pester promise', there will be no cold calls, no pushy sales approach and no junk mail.
1. To enter our Necker Island competition you need to collect 5 differently numbered tokens.
2. The closing date for entries is 12 April 1995. Send to: The Independent / Necker Island Competition, PO Box 92, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1TX along with a completed entry form which will be printed at the end of the competition.
3. For previously published tokens or an Entry Form send an SAE to: The Independent/Necker Island , PO Box 250, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 1TU. State the tokens you require. Please mark clearly on your envelope, TOKEN REQUEST or ENTRY FORM. If you need both, please send separate SAE's. Requests must be received by first post 5 April 1995.
4. Employees and agents of Newspaper Publishing plc or those of any other national newspaper company or of any other newspaper company associated with Newspaper Publishing plc or those of Virgin Direct or any firm connected with the promotion are not eligible to take part, neither are their relatives nor members of their families or households.
5. There is no cash alternative.
6. There is a limit of one entry per household.
7. Photocopies of tokens are not acceptable.
8. The promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry or competitor, nominee, add to, or waive any rules.
9. The holiday must be taken 23-30 July 1995.
10. The winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the closing date.
11. No correspondence will be entered into. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter will not take responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post. The Editor's decision is final.
NOTE: The price of units and any income from them can go down as well as up. You may not get back all the money you invest. The basis of tax relief may change in the future. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future. Virgin Direct Personal Financial Service Limited is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority and IMRO. Virgin Direct do not offer investment advice or make recommendation about investments and only market Virgin Direct products. For your security, all calls to Virgin Direct will be recorded.Reuse content