WIN A VIP TRIP TO THE OLYMPICS
PLUS special Olympic edition Swatch watches to be won
Monday 15 July 1996
We have two exclusive VIP trips for two to the final week of the Atlanta Games, 31 July to 4 August, which takes in most of the athletics finals and the spectacular closing ceremony. The prize includes flights to Atlanta, luxury hotel accommodation, meals, VIP passes to the Games and an exclusive bag of Swatch Watch giveaways. These trips are only available through official sponsors.
Swatch have also donated 25 special edition Swatch watches from the Legends Collection as runners up prizes. These watches are designed in homage to great Olympians such as Sebastian Coe, Bob Beamon and Ed Moses.
To enter our competition simply study the great moments of recent Olympic Games (depicted on this page) and decide which of the times quoted A, B, C or D is correct. Call 0891 325545 (Irish Republic 1550 123770) and leave your answers, name, address and daytime telephone number.
Calls cost 39p per minute cheap rate and 49p per minute at all other times (Irish Republic calls cost 58p per minute including VAT). Your call will last three minutes. Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries. No cash or date alternative. The competition closes at midnight on Monday 15 July. Usual Newspaper Publishing rules apply. The Editor's decision is final.
Swatch is the Official Timekeeper at the Centenial Olympic Games in Atlanta, responsible for all timekeeping functions. For the first time in Olympic history the timing crew will undertake not only all aspects of timing but also scoring for each event. This huge task demands a vast range of ground-breaking technology to monitor every facet of measurement, more than 100 tons of equipment and over 240 Swatch staff to ensure ultimate precision in Atlanta. State of the art digital photo finish technology has been newly developed by Swatch timing for the 1996 Olympic Games. For the first time ever this will allow colour images to be transmitted live to a giant video screen in the stadium and to television sets across the world.
1. Linford Christie beat all comers at the Barcelona Games in 1992 to take Gold in the 100 metres. What was his winning time in the final?
2. Rosa Mota dominated the women's marathon in Seoul in 1988. What was her winning time?
2hr 36min 55sec
2hr 32min 22sec
2hr 25min 40sec
2hr 39min 38sec
3. Ed Moses won his second Olympic Gold in the 400 metres hurdles at Los Angeles Olympics in 1984. What was his winning time in the final?
4. At the Barcelona Games in 1992, the rowing gold in the coxed pairs was taken by Jonathan and Greg Searle with cox Garry Herbert. What was their winning time in the final?
CALL 0891 325 545 TO ENTER
Life & Style blogs
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Five ways to boost your Vitamin D levels
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Apple bug Thunderstrike 2 leaves Macs vulnerable to worm, could give hackers control of computers and go entirely undetected
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Jeremy Corbyn: Tony Blair could face war crimes trial over 'illegal Iraq invasion'
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...
£17000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly growing company is...
£40000 - £100000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Become a professional Trader a...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This software company specialis...