Sunday 24 November 1996
Oh, come, come now. What is all this fuss about brown? Rarely have I seen nearly sane women gripped by such confusion. How can I wear it? What do I wear with it? What shoes do I wear? Calm down, calm down as Harry Enfield's Terry from Brookside would say. It's only a colour. And you can wear it with other colours including all that black stuff you already have, or all on its own (although I think all brown is as naff as can be). If you're wearing a brown bottom then wear brown shoes, if you're wearing a black bottom then you can wear black shoes. And your tights should be the same colour as your shoes, or sheer natural. It's not that difficult. And, before it became "a trend" we all managed to wear brown perfectly well. Breathe, breathe ...
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...