BAA passengers rise to 12 million
Thursday 12 August 1999
The fastest growth came at Stansted where passenger traffic jumped by 38 per cent on last year to just over one million. The strongest market was European scheduled traffic which grew by 9.6 per cent, with European chartered traffic up by 4.2 per cent. Domestic traffic grew more slowly, up 2.2 per cent, practically the same level as for the previous month.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...