BSkyB to shift its focus after marketing director leaves suddenly
Wednesday 26 November 1997
Mr Hytner, who was appointed in 1994 by David Chance, the outgoing deputy managing director, is to become the marketing director of Channel 5, replacing David Brook.
BSkyB insiders say Mr Booth will now refashion the company's marketing, which has been responsible for much of the satellite broadcaster's success.
It is thought Mr Booth will focus less on sports as a driver for customers.
A spokesman for BSkyB confirmed Mr Hytner was leaving.
The spokesman added: "Mark has a clear strategy to accelerate the subscriber growth of the business.
"Sky's marketing will be key to that strategy."
Mr Hytner's exit comes just weeks after the resignation of Richard Brooke, who was the finance director.
Sam Chisholm, chief executive and managing director, has stepped down and Mr Chance is to leave in the new year, although he will retain a consultancy role with the company.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Air traffic control glitch now resolved – after more than 200 flights were forced to cancel
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...