Chatset more optimistic
Thursday 12 May 1994
It says the improvement is caused by syndicates that have written asbestos business reporting better than expected results. Charles Sturge, a Chatset analyst, said: 'We are poised to make a revaluation downwards.'
However, a Lloyd's spokesman said: 'Chatset's figures are still not in the right ball park.'
The spokesman also said Lloyd's would publish two figures next week. One will be calculated using Lloyd's traditional method, while the second figure will disaggregate the double counting of some of Lloyd's losses.
Double counting results from members reinsuring their personal liability for losses.
Separately, Christopher Hitchings, a UBS analyst, warned Lloyd's could expect its underwriting capacity to shrink next year.
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...