Simon English: A useful jibe from the banker at the bar
Thursday 29 November 2012
Outlook Perhaps the day before the Leveson report into media malfeasance wasn't the best time to tease the banker at the bar about the state of his profession but I decided to give it a crack.
I ask him: "Are you in any way socially useful?"
He replies. "No. Are you?"
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...