First free Net service in France
Wednesday 28 April 1999
In an attempt to mimic the success of Dixons' Freeserve service in the UK, Kingfisher will offer free Internet access discs though its 137-strong chain of Darty electrical stores in France.
Subscribers to the Libertysurf service will be able to buy goods from Darty and Kingfisher's Castorama DIY chain. Group Arnault, the family holding company of Mr Arnault, will provide offers on luxury goods brands such as Louis Vuitton and Chanel. Only 4 per cent of French households are connected to the Internet, compared with 12 per cent in the UK. Kingfisher shares rose 5 per cent to 882p.
- 1 This is what the one in ten British men who pay for sex need to know
- 2 Lee Evans announces retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Angelina Jolie confuses everyone with 'ay up me duck' East Midland's greeting to Derby actor Jack O'Connell at awards show
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
G20 summit: David Cameron warns Vladimir Putin that Russia's relationship with the West is at a 'fork in the road' over Ukraine
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
Coalition government has 'shifted money from poorest to better-off' through welfare cuts and tax reductions, study claims
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...
$175 - $200 per annum, Benefits: full benefits: Carlton Senior Appointments: P...
Not specified: Carlton Senior Appointments: Senior MD Financial Advisor - San ...