Fraud squad inquiry into City Financial
Wednesday 14 January 1998
A short statement from the Met said: "SO6 is investigating allegations of fraud at City Financial Partners, based in Russell Square, WC1. A man now aged 40 has been arrested and bailed." Police will decide next month, when they next interview Mr Robertson, whether to bring charges of fraud. No wrongdoing has so far been established.
It is understood that the allegations relate to an account held with Fidelity, the US fund manager, in Mr Robertson's name. He allegedly used the fund not for his own benefit but to pay top-ups on surrendered policies which contained less than clients had believed.
City Financial Partners, seen in the industry as the epitome of a 1980s, sales-driven operation, was last month bought out by Lincoln, the UK operation of giant US insurer Lincoln National. Simon Ingram, City Financial's chief executive, is soon expected to take up a new role with Lincoln.
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
iJobs Money & Business
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£20 - 24k + Benefits: Guru Careers: This is a great opportunity for an enthusi...
£280 - £320 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...