Fraud squad inquiry into City Financial
Wednesday 14 January 1998
A short statement from the Met said: "SO6 is investigating allegations of fraud at City Financial Partners, based in Russell Square, WC1. A man now aged 40 has been arrested and bailed." Police will decide next month, when they next interview Mr Robertson, whether to bring charges of fraud. No wrongdoing has so far been established.
It is understood that the allegations relate to an account held with Fidelity, the US fund manager, in Mr Robertson's name. He allegedly used the fund not for his own benefit but to pay top-ups on surrendered policies which contained less than clients had believed.
City Financial Partners, seen in the industry as the epitome of a 1980s, sales-driven operation, was last month bought out by Lincoln, the UK operation of giant US insurer Lincoln National. Simon Ingram, City Financial's chief executive, is soon expected to take up a new role with Lincoln.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...