Housing help to be cut
Sunday 12 November 1995
Tenants' maximum housing benefit entitlement will be based on the appropriate rent for a property, as assessed by the local authority-employed rent officer, and the local reference rent - the typical rent in that area.
Tenants will not be paid more housing benefit than the appropriate rent for a property. Where the appropriate rent is higher than the local reference rent, the maximum rent reimbursed is the local reference rent plus half the difference between the local reference rent and the ap- propriate rent.
Prospective tenants may apply to the rent officer for a pre-tenancy determination of housing benefit rates, although these do not guarantee housing benefit will be paid.
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Market Research Executive...