Ladbroke to test new 3-star hotels in Brazil
Friday 28 August 1998
Ladbroke, which controls the Hilton hotel chain outside of the US, will start testing a three-star format in Brazil later this year.
It will spend $30m developing three sites before seeking partnerships in other countries. However, it will not be opening the hotels in the UK as costs are too high.
The details emerged as Ladbroke announced a better than expected 22 per cent rise in first half profits to pounds 123.7m boosted by pounds 6m of additional revenue from the World Cup.
Peter George, chief executive, said he expected a full merger of its Hilton International division with Hilton Hotels of America "sooner or later" if tax considerations could be overcome.
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Competitive: Selby Jennings: Our client, a leading European Oil trading...
£43500 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: Night Shift Operatio...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000 + Car + Pension: SThree: SThree are a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35K: SThree: We consistently strive to be the...